ERP for Chemical Industry | Chemical ERP Software
The Chemical Industry of India is the foundation of Industrial development in India. Our Chemical industry covers companies that produce over 80,000 chemical products, that are used by a wide range of industries such as Paper, Textile, Perfumes, Soap & Detergents, Pharmaceuticals, Plastics Petrochemicals, Dyes, Agrochemicals, Fertilizers, Pesticides, and more. India is the sixth-largest producer of Chemicals in the world. The Indian chemicals industry is projected to reach $ 304 billion by 2025.
Why the need for ERP software for Chemical Industry?
Chemical Industry manufacturers face challenges such as stringent safety standards, strict government norms and regulations, continuous R & D. In addition to this, chemical Industry manufacturers have to deal with high costs of power, fuel, high operational costs and high cost of plant maintenance, increasing logistics costs and so on. Moreover, Chemical Industry processes are complex and involve a lot of workflows and procedures, make use of a variety of applications and databases. As a result of these chemical industry manufacturing companies face the following challenges.
Challenges faced by chemical industry manufacturers:
- How to control costs?
- How to ensure operational efficiency & excellence?
- How to maintain optimum productivity?
- How to integrate different operations?
- How to implement business discipline?
Let us now see how an ERP System for Chemical Manufacturing will help overcome these challenges.
Spectrum ERP – ERP software for Chemical Industry
Spectrum ERP for Chemical Industry has modules designed, configured as per the unique requirements of Chemical manufacturing companies. Spectrum ERP for Chemical manufacturers helps to integrate and streamline critical business processes such as procurement, inventory management, supply chain, logistics, production, asset management & plant maintenance, in order to ensure profitability.
Key Modules of Spectrum ERP for Chemical Industry
- Spectrum ERP for Chemical Industry includes Material Management, Planning & Production, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Distribution, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Payroll and Plant Maintenance module.
- Spectrum ERP also has Business Intelligence solution and Mobile Apps and can also be seamlessly integrated with Tally Software.
- Our e-Procurement solution is an integrated part of Spectrum ERP. It automates and streamlines procurement processes of chemical industry SMEs. This enables efficient and transparent procurement of raw materials, consumable & capital items.
Order to Cash Cycle
- Order to cash (OTC or O2C) business process involves receiving orders from customers for goods or services and fulfilling them as per customer requirements.
- Order to Cash cycle involves sub processes such as documentation of order received, schedule for order delivery, order shipment, invoice generation, payment received, payment recorded.
- Equipped to handle multiple order and packing units, provides an option to maintain different sizes of packaging for different materials used in chemical industries.
- Spectrum ERP for Chemical Industry has incorporated all the features to ensure an efficient Order to Cash Cycle for Chemical industries
Purchase to Pay Cycle
- Purchase to Pay also known as Procure to Pay, business process covers aspects of procurement of raw materials, consumable & capital items and packing materials.
- It involves sub processes such as requesting for goods or services, purchasing, receiving of material and services, paying and accounting for raw materials, consumable & capital items and packing materials.
- Our e-Procurement solution which is an integral part of Spectrum ERP, digitizes, automates, streamlines the entire procurement process, making it fair and transparent. It ensures that right materials are available at right time in right quantity at right place as per Chemical Industry requirements.
Batch Production Module
Spectrum ERP Batch Production Module has been designed keeping in mind the unique requirements of Chemical Industry. With the help of our Batch Production module you can:
- Define and maintain Batch number for materials consumed
- Ensure traceability of complete batch including
- what materials used
- which processes applied
- results of the quality tests
- trace the history where each batch is dispatched.
- Create a production plan linked with
- make-to-order OR make-to-stock production
- track Production progress of the entire batch
- Create a Master Recipe and use it for various production activities
- Generate multiple intermediate products, finished goods, by-products, waste as per chemical industry requirements.
Packing plays an important role in chemical production. Proper Packaging materials and solutions have to be chosen keeping in mind the safety hazards as well as shelf life of the product. Packing involves sealing the chemicals for protecting them or packing them in boxes, cases, pallets for storage and distribution.
Spectrum ERP Batch Production Module also allows to :
- Create and define Packing plan, issue packing orders.
- Automate Packing Label Printing as per specifications.
- Keep a track of the packaging completed and items dispatched etc.
Spectrum ERP Batch production module enables to :
- Know the Production Cost of a Batch or each unit produced.
- Determine separate costing for packing or overall production cost
Spectrum ERP has all the necessary features to ensure quality in the purchase, production, storage, and delivery of chemical materials.
- Inspection Module for carrying out an inspection of raw materials & in-stage inspection parameters.
- Keep a track of instances of reject or rework.
- Provide reports to confirm internal quality standards.
- Generate Batch-wise Test Certificate along with invoices.
- Maintain information related to product attributes such as Product Ageing and Expiry information; which is a must for the Chemical industry.
- Define product dispatch information along with checklists for cross verification
- Spectrum ERP Real Time Integrated Finance Module consolidates financial data from multiple business units, divisions into a single database.
- Finance Module provides detailed analysis reports such as Trial Balance, Trading A/c, Profit & Loss A/c, Balance Sheet, Creditors Balance, Cash/Bank Funds.
- Spectrum ERP ensures GST & TDS compliance as per accounting standards, statutory requirements.
- Spectrum ERP helps to monitor data of costing, valuation, cash flow, profitability and MIS to ensure accurate reporting.
- You can approve vouchers, payment plan, payment requests at the clicks of a button.
- You will also be able to view reports on your mobile.
- Spectrum ERP Payroll module helps to automate certain payroll activities thereby improving capabilities and accuracy of HR department.
- Spectrum ERP can be integrated with major attendance access machines.
- Spectrum ERP maintains employee personal information, annual leave, loans & advances, as well as statutory compliances such as PF, ESI, TDS etc. This saves time, in processing payroll information, preparing pay slips, registers etc.
- Spectrum ERP comes with an Employee Self Service Portal feature that allows employees to view their salary slips, leave balances, leave application & approval, expense statements, attendance details, and more using Self Service Portal.
In order to be competitive in the market, it is critical to ensure smooth functioning of plants, optimize plant efficiency and operating costs. Spectrum ERP Plant Maintenance Module is capable of handling:
- Asset Management: It maintain records of all plant equipments, their locations, equipment wise AMC Contracts, spares & warranty details. It helps to define maintenance SOP, calibration and maintenance details for assets.
- Plant Maintenance: It helps to set conditions that trigger maintenance. It helps to record and carry out activities of preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Inspection: It provides a daily log for maintenance and inspection entry.
Company-wide integration, Multi-location integration
- Spectrum ERP Multi-Company feature helps Chemical Manufacturers integrate diversified business processes from multiple locations.
- This improves collaboration and coordination across various locations, units, and departments.
- Management is able to view real-time, consolidated data as well as detailed transaction-level data and make informed decisions.
Spectrum ERP can be seamlessly integrated with Tally ERP.
- This helps implement best business practices in organizations without impacting their Accounting practices.
- Spectrum ERP with Tally integration is a direct single-step data transfer feature to export vouchers from Spectrum ERP to Tally.
- Companies can choose to integrate only select operation data or go for maximum integration.
Chemical Industry Specific Reporting
- Spectrum ERP comes with a suite of standard reports created for the Chemical Industry.
- This includes precise reports designed as per key performance indicators and dashboards. In addition, we also provide customized reports if required.
How Spectrum ERP for Chemical Industry helps overcome challenges?
Leveraging the power of Spectrum ERP for Chemical Industry will help chemical manufacturers to overcome their business challenges as:
- ERP software provides the technology edge that businesses require to digitize and automate their processes.
- ERP software helps to streamline and standardize processes and implements business discipline across the organization
- ERP gathers data in real-time, creates a single source of accurate data accessible by all employees any time, from anywhere.
- ERP software improves collaboration & empowers employees to make decisions.
- ERP software allows you to define and measure performance & process KPI Metrics.
- ERP software enables better planning to make optimum utilization of resources.
- ERP software enables creating a culture of making timely, data-backed, and informed decisions.
As a result of all this, Chemical ERP software speeds up the processes, and improves operational efficiencies which enable companies to grow and scale their businesses.